Tuesday, September 22, 2009

We finally did Disneyland

We have been wanting to take the kids to Disneyland for years, but when you have 3 kids and the youngest is 2 years old, you have to make sure that you go when all the kids will enjoy it and no one will be too little to not remember. We finally braved the Land o' Disney last week with Grandma and Grandpa Carpenter, Uncle Bill and Aunt Sandy, and it was great. Porter, although only 2 years old, was able to go on almost all the rides and the ones he could not go on, just happened to be the ones that Uncle Bill didn't want to ride, so we lucked out. Ethan and Kaiya had a wonderful time and they both agree that Tower of Terror at California Adventure was their favorite scary ride (not even Uncle Bill would go on that one.) Kaiya also said that Snow White Adventure and the Tea Cups were also great. I personally like the fast rides and my favorite was Maliboomer at California Adventure. I did finally get to experience the Matterhorn, and well, it wasn't my favorite, but it has been closed every time I have gone before, so I had to give it a shot. We slept great, ate well, and got lots of photos with the characters, so I think it was a great trip overall. The only down side was the last day when we were headed home. Ethan hit his head on the back of the couch in the lobby of the hotel and we had to take him to the emergency room and then Bill and Sandy's truck got broken into on the way home and my laptop got stolen. Luckily Ethan didn't need stitches (only glue) and it looks like insurance will cover the stolen laptop, so all is well. I hope we are able to do that trip quite a few more times. It was GREAT!!







2 comments:

Livin La Vida Keto said...

We are sooooooooo completely jealous and equally happy for you that you were able to go. It is so fun there! We can't wait to go. We are planning a trip of epic proportions when we are finally debt free. Can't wait!

Marquita said...

Hey Tammy! What fun. I love Disneyland. Holy cow, your kids are getting super big. How have you guys been?