My Brother Jim turned 29 on the 9th of September, so he asked that we all meet him at the rock gym in Tempe to celebrate. I have not gone climbing in about 6 years and I don't even have my climbing shoes or my chalk bag anymore. Luckily my feet have grown so much since having 3 kids that one of EK's pairs of climbing shoes fit me just right. We decided that since Kaiya and Ethan both love climbing, that we would just take the whole family. Ethan and Kaiya had such a blast. Porter however, wanted nothing to do with it and just screamed from the moment we got in the door. EK decided to take Porter out to the car and drive around to calm him down, so he missed out on the climbing, which is very sad because EK really loves to rock climb, and he is really good at it too. My sister went with us and this was her first time going to a rock gym. I think she was a little apprehensive at first, but she did great and I think she really liked it. I am still sore from the few runs that I did, but it is a good sore. :) My brother was amazing. It helps when you only weight about 32 lbs and are 6 feet tall, but he did one of the hardest routes in the whole gym. I don't think he even broke a sweat. It was a good time and I can't wait to go again. Happy Birthday Jim.
Friday, September 12, 2008
Rock Jim's Birthday Party
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)










2 comments:
Will you just adopt me? You guys have too much fun! I could be your honorary sister or something!Sheesh! Lucky ducks!
I still think we should do a date night and go, I need to get my butt in a harness (if it will fit)!
Post a Comment