Sunday, September 28, 2008

Camping with Daddy

EK took some vacation time so that he and I could hike to Havasupi at the bottom of the Grand Canyon for a few days and enjoy some time in the wilderness together, kid free. I was actually very excited about the whole thing and even a bit excited to use my new hiking backpack. Mother nature, on the other hand, decided that we did not need to take that trip and washed Havasupi away. EK didn't want to just waste his vacation days so he decided to take Ethan and Kaiya on an overnight camping trip for two of the days. They went to a small campground near Pasyon called Flowing Springs. The kids had a blast. They ate Mountain House freeze dried food and even enjoyed it. You can't go wrong with their beef stroganoff. I love the fact that Kaiya is camping with two boys, but has to make a statement about it and wear pink from head to toe. They had a blast and are still talking about it. Thanks EK for making fun memories with the kids.

No comments: