Friday, September 12, 2008

Let the Learning Begin

Kaiya started pre-school last week, but I couldn't find the camera that I used to take her "first day of school photos", so I held off until I found the camera. Kaiya is so very excited to be going to school 3 days a week from 9 to 11:30AM. She has only gone 4 times and can already write her own name. Her teacher said that she likes to talk and is very meticulous with her coloring. She brought home a paper the other day and I thought that maybe her teacher had helped her color it because she had done such a great job. Ethan went to the same pre-school last year, so I know that Kaiya will absolutely love and adore her time there. The teacher teaches with crafts and songs, so that is right up Kaiya's avenue. She could color and sing all day if I let her. The camera that I used to take her school pictures was very dirty (thanks to Porters grubby little hands) so the photos are a bit blurry, but still cute. She insisted that I fix her hair like Ni Hao Kai Lan. Who you ask? That is exactly what I said. It took me about a week to figure out what Kaiya was saying because I don't speak Japanese, and then another few days to figure out that this Japanese phrase is actually a cartoon character on Noggin. Once I had established that, we were good to go. Doesn't Kaiya look just like her?

No comments: