Friday, September 12, 2008

Bring on the Soccer

So my brother Jim and his wife Heather started a city league soccer team and asked EK and I to play with them. I am pretty sure they just needed more names for their roster, but I of course said yes, since I am a master at soccer. I mean, I played it for like 2 years from the ages of 5 to 7 which obviously qualifies me as a pro right? I really have no idea how to play soccer, what the rules of the game are, or how very badly I will suck at it, but I am trying to be positive. I still don't know why I even said yes because I am also training for the Rock N Roll Marathon, so I may have physically over committed myself, but I will see. I mostly feel bad for my brother and his team because they are required to have at least 4 girls on the field during the games, so they will probably have to play me at some point and I am very sure it won't be pretty when it happens. I actually went out and bought Soccer for Dummies so I can at least study up and try to have a clue about what is going on. Jim also asked me to design the team shirt graphics. The team name is The Comets (except me, I am a white dwarf). Here is the design I came up with for our shirts. Our numbers will be on the back and I think I will have to make my shirt number 13. My brother suggested that I just put the pi symbol in place of an actual number, and I may do that instead :). Wish me luck out there.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very nice! You are one talented graphic designer!