I promise, to all of you that have seen my kids in the last two weeks, I do NOT beat them. I will admit to an occasional thump or maybe even a longer then needed time-out, but there is absolutely no beating going on. Now I know that for those of you that have seen my kids recently, you may have your doubts, so let me just explain (no, they did not fall down the stairs). My nephew, Dustin, got baptised the other day and after the baptism, we all went to my sister's house for some treats. I guess Kaiya got a little excited about the before mentioned treats and when she saw them on the counter (granite counter I might add), she made a b-line for them and then stopped only when her right eye hit the corner of the counter top. I was lucky to have missed that one, but got to hear all about it from everyone else that saw it happen. All anyone could say was how tough Kaiya was and how she basically just brushed herself off and said, "I'm okay". I swear that kid is made of silly putty. The next day, she had herself quite the shiner below here eye. As if that wasn't bad enough looking, two days later, Porter decided to play in the fountain in the backyard, which he has done on many previous occasions. Well, this occasion happened to end a little more dramatic then most. He pulled the whole concrete fountain over on himself. I heard the thud and went to where I thought we was (according to the direction the screams were coming from) and all I saw was a leg and an arm. I panicked a bit and ran over to him and picked the fountain off of him. I scooped him up, although now that I think about it, that could have been a bad thing had his back been broken, but it wasn't. I ran into the house with him and stripped him down to start checking for broken bones, head injuries, etc. To my surprise, all he had was a small bruise on his back and a much larger one under his left eye. So, yes, I have two kids sporting black eyes, but I promise you they were self inflicted and if I was going to beat my kids I would at least spread it out a bit. :) 

Sunday, September 28, 2008
Ding Dong, it's CPS...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
That's quite a story you have cooked up. I heard that CPS is already on their way....
No update for a few weeks and then a million? What's up?? E.k was the funniest, when can he come over?? And I do know you beat your kids, nice play off! :)
The one thing that you forgot to mention is that it's your BIRTHDAY!!
HAPPY BIRFHDAY you too cute, tight skinny jean, good hair wearing hottie! Hope your having fun~
Cute kids! And Holy Crap, I just realized your birthday was on Friday! Happy "Late" Birthday! Ü
I've been waiting for an update, either you are really busy with work or beating the kids! Take a break and let the world know what you are up to! ;) How are your classes going?
Wow, sounds like things have been very exciting around your house lately!
I was happy to find out you had a blog. I didn't know! I found it from a comment you left on Sarah J's blog. But, I see you have been watch us! Well, I will definitely enjoy checking up on you all in the future! Tell Kaiya, Jenna says, "Hi!"
Post a Comment