Having three kids (or maybe Taco Bell) has helped me pack on a few extra pounds. I was trying to find a way to motivate myself to get the extra weight off when a friend of EK's told us about the Ragnar Relay (www.ragnarrelay.com). I did a little research and decided that I would give it a shot. I sent out a few e-mails to see if anyone else was interested and with a little effort, I was able to find a team of 12 friends and family that would run 182 miles with me. When I started training for this I could only run 2 minutes before I had to stop and walk to catch my breath. By race day I was able to run 6 miles at a time. On February 29th our team, The High Speed Fartleks, ran our relay in 33 hours and some change (yes, 33 hours straight). We had such a great time and are planning on doing it again next year. My personal goal is to run at least 9 to 10 minute miles by the next Ragnar.
The Ragnar team has a contest for the best video, so I put this together. The winning video gets next years race fees for free, so we were hoping to win, but then this other team had to submit a REALLY good video, so I am sure we are out of the running. We will always have it for ourselves and our own memories though. :)
Check out our Ragnar Video on You Tube:
The Ragnar team has a contest for the best video, so I put this together. The winning video gets next years race fees for free, so we were hoping to win, but then this other team had to submit a REALLY good video, so I am sure we are out of the running. We will always have it for ourselves and our own memories though. :)
Check out our Ragnar Video on You Tube:


1 comment:
Nice job with the video! It looks like you had a lot of fun!
Post a Comment