Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Pat's Run

So, Saturday April 19th, EK and I ran Pat's Run in Tempe, AZ. The race was at 7 am and we actually paid money to run 4.2 miles, but it went to a good cause (and we got a cool t-shirt). Pat Tillman was an Army Ranger and a football player for the Arizona Cardinals. He was killed in battle after leaving his football career behind and going to fight for our country and our freedom. His foundation strives to help and support young people by helping them promote positive change in themselves and the world around them. You can learn more about Pat Tillman and his foundation by visiting his Web site at: http://www.pattillmanfoundation.org/.
I ran this race mostly to keep myself motivated but also to contribute to a good cause. I ran an 11.2 minute mile and finished the race in 47 minutes placing in 5816th place out of 7433. Okay, so I am no lightning fast runner, but I am working on getting faster and once I get another 20 lbs off, I will be fast as the wind. Well maybe a slow spring breeze, but any improvement is better then standing still right?

1 comment:

Tara said...

You guys are running machines! Looks like we have some catching up to do when we get back (literally)!