Thursday, May 1, 2008

No More Masters for Me

Okay, so I have officially withdrawn from ASU. I was going to get my Masters in Graphic Information Technology. I gave it the ol' college try and found about half way in that online courses through ASU are not the way to go. I had been going for half a semester, spent hundreds on books, and thousands on tuition, only to find that I was not going to learn anything any time soon. I had not been given any new info and had not heard one lecture. I was given assignments, but wrong due dates. After suffering with the frustration for a few weeks I decided to just except the fact that I was going to loose my tuition and I withdrew. My life is much less hectic now and I am happy with my decision. I figured since I already am at the place in my life and career where that degree would put me, I am better off saving the money and continuing with the self taught approach. It seems to be working for me so far. My bachelors gave me the background I needed to get me to where I am and I am happy with that... for now! :)

No comments: