Well so much for staying up on the blog. I guess I am allowed to take a bit of a break while I bake in the hot Arizona sun. School has officially started and with Ethan in 2nd grade, Kaiya in kindergarten and Porter in preschool 3 days a week, my life has gone from hectic to, dare I say, boring. The first week of school is always so tough for the kids while they meet new friends, adjust to the new, constantly busy, schedule and enjoy playground time in 110 degree weather. Even with the stress of the new year starting my adorable, almost always happy kids, seem to love it. Ethan loves being a big second grader and getting to "take care of" Kaiya. Kaiya just loves everything about school. Today she came home so excited that she got to play on the big kid playground instead of the kindergarten playground. I love how they can just put the fact that it is still over 100 degrees out of their minds and play like everything is just awesome. Porter has his first official day of preschool tomorrow at 11:30 at the A & E Learning Academy. My wicked smart sister-in-law started a preschool where she teaches two and three year olds on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays. Porter has been asking for weeks, "Can I go to Aunt Heathers now?"
Poor kids, he starts a week after the other two, so the "first day of school" was a bit of a let down for him because he wanted to go too. But he is super excited now that it starts tomorrow. I am hoping the extra free time will allow me to get more work done during the day so I can actually get to bed at a reasonable hour. I can't wait to try it out. So, if you are in Arizona on a Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday around lunch time and you want to take me to lunch, I would be happy to go, sans children.

1 comment:
You have officially joined the "my kids are all in school club". Welcome. I am no longer a member because I am now homeschooling Daniel, but it is still nice to have those few hours to yourself. Enjoy the time!
Post a Comment