Monday, February 8, 2010

The slacker award goes to....

Yep it is official. I am behind and not keeping up on my blog, my family photos, my house work, my duties as a wife, mother, sister, etc. I have been trying to find a routine that will work for me so I cab keep up on all the things that I need to do as well as the things I like to do. I have yet to find that perfect balance so please forgive me for not posting in a while. I will try to make up for what I have missed since November.

December was a good month. We stayed busy with all the Christmas events. Kaiya had her Christmas program at her preschool and it was absolutely adorable. Her teacher, Mrs. Gail McClure, is amazing. She taught the kids about 8 Christmas songs with props and some choreography that they performed for all the parents. We then had a very nice lunch and the kids got to meet Santa Clause. Then for Christmas we enjoyed the family time. We did the Christmas morning thing with the kids and then went to my parent's house later and enjoyed another Christmas. I made the mandatory cinnamon rolls and my Mom made her wonderful hot chocolate. We opened presents and sat around playing video games, playing board games, eating, and talking. It was a very relaxing Christmas.



January seemed to come and go without me noticing. For New Years we went to my parent's house and basically did a repeat of Christmas. We sat around eating, and talking and playing games until midnight. Then we ate some of my Mom's good luck black-eyed peas and then played games for a few more hours until our eyes would not stay open any more. My whole family was there and Ron and Sandy came as well. On January 16th, Kaiya turned 5 years old. We had a fun little Princess Tea Party for her this year. She invited some of her little girl friends and they had a tea party with hot chocolate, heart shaped sandwiches, and cake.



EK also had a birthday on January 17th. He turned 36! Yikes, we are getting old. I took him to an indoor paint ball arena for his birthday. I am pretty sure I still have a welt on my back from getting hit, but all-in-all it was a great time and I think EK enjoyed it.



That brings us to February, and since that has just started, I will see if I can be better at posting and try to update this more as the month progresses.

1 comment:

Livin La Vida Keto said...

Thanks for the update. For those of us that have brothers and live far far away, we rely on the kindness of the wives to keep us informed.:) Sounds like you have been busy too. I have neglected by blogs as well. It is just what happens. We miss you!