
My baby, the first born, the apple of my eye, my spawn, had turned six years old. Yikes. I know people always say, "It just seems like yesterday..." and they are correct. Ethan has grown into such a smart, helpful, polite, funny, big brother, cousin, nephew, and son. This year for his birthday he wanted to have three birthday parties. I of course objected to that but somehow he has already had 3 before his "real" party has even happened. On his actual birthday we had cake and had my sister and her kids and my parents over for an impromptu BBQ and cake. Then he had another birthday celebration the next day when we went to Krispy Kreme and he discovered that for your birthday you get your own dozen glazed donuts for free. That was a big hit. And then, if that wasn't enough when we went to my Mom's house for Sunday dinner, Ethan got to pick what he wanted to eat and pick out his dessert so we could celebrate it again. Now, he wants to go bowling with all his cousins for his birthday party. I am not quite sure how many birthday parties are too many, but I think that four parties is a few too many for a kid that is turning six. I am hoping he will forget and I can skip the fourth party, but I just don't think I will get that lucky. Happy Birthday my baby boy. I love you!!!
Wednesday, March 25, 2009
Ethan's Birthday
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment