My house was not my favorite when we moved into it, but it was much bigger than our other place and has a killer backyard, so I was excited about moving. Since we moved into this house over 4 years ago, we have replaced the doors and the door hardware, the lighting and ceiling fans, the blinds, the paint, the tile, the baseboards, the front yard landscaping, added a security screen door, RV gate, and pool fence. It is, as far as I am concerned, a new house. There was just this wall however, between the kitchen and the family room, that was making the two rooms seem so small and closed off. So, one Sunday after church, I started taking down photos and mirrors, grabbed myself a pencil and drew an arch on the wall where I thought it should go. A few hours later and with surprisingly little pleading with EK, we had ourselves a nice hole in that wall. EK didn't even have time to take off his church clothes. By the end of the week we had removed the 2x4's, trimmed out the arch and had it painted. It was quite a project and it made our whole house feel like a new home. I knew that marrying someone with the last name of Carpenter would come in handy. Thanks EK for doing such a great job. Also, thanks to Jamey and Jim for all your help as well. It turned out great.
Wednesday, March 25, 2009
A bit of Construction...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








2 comments:
I've never been to your house, but from the pictures, it is so much better! I love the open feeling. I am so impressed with your skills! :)
I love it! It opens up the place so nicely! What a handy thing to have a handyman.
Post a Comment