Monday, January 26, 2009

Monster Trucks Rock!!!

Saturday January 17th was a busy day for Ethan and EK. Ethan had 2 birthday parties to go to and then after all that activity and excitement from those, and about the time he should be getting in bed, he got to go to his first Monster Truck Rally (but don't worry it was EASY to stay awake). My Dad (a.k.a. Papaw) bought tickets to take EK and Ethan, Ethan's two cousins, Chase and Dusty, and their dad, Brent. I got the second had blow by blow details once Ethan got home and it went something like this:


"Mom, it was sooooo awwwwesoome! Their was this truck called Grave Digger and he jumped over a bus and he smashed part of it and he flipped over and there was this fire that went spushhhhhh. There was also this other truck (hands are in the shape of a monster truck and showing me how it was driving), but I can't remember his name, and he flipped over and hit a hill of dirt and his wheel popped off (hand flips over and crashes into imaginary dirt). The workers had to come out and fix him. It was sooooo awesome! I want to go there again for my birthday."

Now I believe that he repeated this same story about 3 times and at some point he remembered the forgotten trucks name (although I don't remember it). I know that this will go down in the memory banks of time for Ethan (and probably EK). Ethan was also excited to get Hot Dogs for dinner as well. It was a great experience for all of them and they really had a great time. Thanks Dad for being such a great Papaw!!! Now you have to take Kaiya to Princess's on Ice or something. (Teehee)












4 comments:

The Sorensens. said...

First of all- congrats on the MARATHON! holy cow!! maybe next year i can do the full!!... maybe! and monster trucks, thats cool- something i have never been to. Ps LOVE your new header, very stylin!

Jaimers said...

That really does sound like every boys dream!

Jaimers said...

You and your family would be welcome to stay with me anytime! I had Alaina here a couple years ago and it was so fun to meet up with her again! I love to have visitors!!

Livin La Vida Keto said...

That is awesome! I called EK when they were trying to find their seats to wish him a happy belated birthday but he couldn't hear me very well. Father son time rocks! Tell EK the next thing they need to do is a hockey game. Those are way fun!