The order of things is off here since it is already February and I'm posting about birthday's that happened last month but I didn't want to forget to mention this. My adorable little 3 year old turned 4, and my adorable not so little 34 year old turned 35. Kaiya's birthday is the 16th and EK's birthday is the 17th of January. I was hoping to give EK a baby for his birthday back in 2005, but he got an early present instead. It seems that January was super crazy this month and the birthday's seemed a little forced. I hope EK & Kaiya both knows that I love them even though the birthday celebrations were a little on the "last minute" side this year. Kaiya wanted to go to Matuku's island, so I told her she could invite 2 friends and we would take them there for her birthday. She picked her very most favorite friends ever, her cousins. I called the Mommies of the Cousins and asked if I could kidnap their kids for a night. They were very patient with my last minute call and said okay, so we all went to celebrate Kaiya's birthday at Makutu's Island in Chandler. If you ever want to feel like a giant gerbil in an MTV Cribs for Rodents episode, that it the place to go. Tons of fun! Then on Saturday, EK's actual birthday, we spent the day doing things for me. I know very selfish of me. I has to go to Phoenix to pick up my stuff for the marathon that I was running on Sunday, so he didn't get a very good birthday day. We did have EK's whole family over on Sunday to celebrate their birthday's again, officially. I think it was fun and everyone had a good time. EK got a really fun game called Things and we played that after the kids went to bed for a little while. Overall, it was a good, quick birthday month and hopefully next year it can be a little less stressful so I can plan a "real" party for the two of them. Happy Birthday Kaiya and EK. I hope you have the best year ever.


Tuesday, February 3, 2009
January Birthdays
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Whatever, like I was really patient with you?! I was stoked that you actually wanted to take my son somewhere! He had a really great time! January really seemed to come and go, eh? I have a feeling this year is going to be crazy! Are you guys doing anything for V-day?
Happy Birthday. We wish we were there to help celebrate!
Post a Comment