
Yesterday we went to the Mesa, AZ temple to watch the Christmas lights turn on. Brooke White from American Idol was there to flip the switch. I was excited to hear her sing live, but I guess she has a contract, so she wasn't allowed to sing. That was a little disappointing, but at least I got to see her. I have been going to the temple lights for years, every Christmas season, but this was the first year that I got to see the light come on. My Grandmother and my cousin, Cecily were here, so we took them with us. It was fun to walk around and see the nativities and all the lights. They have the lights on at the temple from now until December 31st, and they have musical performers scheduled until then as well. They have the schedule posted on their Website, http://www.christmastemplelights.com/, if you want to go check it out. We came home afterwards and made some Mexican Hot Chocolate (only the BEST hot chocolate ever) http://www.mocafe.net/groundchocolate.aspx, and some chocolate chip cookies and then played some games. It was a great night and a great start for the Christmas season.
Christmas, like with most people, is my favorite holiday of the year. We are planning on getting our lights up and our tree up this weekend. I didn't take advantage of Black Friday like the masses did, but I am going to do some Christmas shopping today if I get the chance. My sister was out at 2:30am on Black Friday catching all the good deals. I am a firm believer in sleep and it is WAY more exciting to me then saving a few bucks on a gift. I may be kicking myself later though when I spend hundreds more on gifts then she did.
I love to watch my kids and their excitement as Christmas gets closer. They are just getting old enough now to really get excited. They can't wait to see Santa and to ask him for the 27 foot long list of toys they want. I love to watch them get excited about every commercial that comes on TV followed by, "Mom, I want that for Christmas."
They might be a little disappointed because Santa is having some recession issues this year, so things might be a tad bit lean, but hopefully we can explain economics to our 5, 3, and 1 year old, and then all will be well. :)
Christmas, like with most people, is my favorite holiday of the year. We are planning on getting our lights up and our tree up this weekend. I didn't take advantage of Black Friday like the masses did, but I am going to do some Christmas shopping today if I get the chance. My sister was out at 2:30am on Black Friday catching all the good deals. I am a firm believer in sleep and it is WAY more exciting to me then saving a few bucks on a gift. I may be kicking myself later though when I spend hundreds more on gifts then she did.
I love to watch my kids and their excitement as Christmas gets closer. They are just getting old enough now to really get excited. They can't wait to see Santa and to ask him for the 27 foot long list of toys they want. I love to watch them get excited about every commercial that comes on TV followed by, "Mom, I want that for Christmas."
They might be a little disappointed because Santa is having some recession issues this year, so things might be a tad bit lean, but hopefully we can explain economics to our 5, 3, and 1 year old, and then all will be well. :)


No comments:
Post a Comment