My children crack me up. I don't know if all children are as funny as mine, or if they just got some random funny gene (from EK's side of the family), but they are always doing or saying things that are hilarious. Here is a list of some of the things that have happened or have been said around my house in the last few months.
Porter has found a new interest in brushing his teeth. He sees Ethan and Kaiya doing it every night and he loves it. The other day I noticed that he had been very quiet for some time and I kept hearing water in the bathroom being turned on and off. EK went to see where he was and the photo shown here is what he found. Please note that the toothpaste tube is now empty after he spent the last few minutes sucking the toothpaste out of it; there is Desitin on the counter (thank goodness he could not get that open); and the sink is partly full of water. I think I may just take notes on this grooming technique. In one fell swoop he cleaned his bum, brushed his teeth, washed his feet and scrubbed the bathroom sink. Wow, he is amazing.
That brings me to Kaiya. She is 3 years old and speaks like she is 14. She was blessed with the gift of speach at a very early age and has not stopped since. She is also very witty. Here are some of the Kaiya-isms that I have written down:
1) Kaiya got her clothes out of the dryer and her pockets were still wet inside. She came up to me and put her hands in her pockets and looking right at me, and in a very serious adult tone she said, "Mommy, my holders are wet."
2) Kaiya found a big pink bouncy ball and was sitting on it while watching TV. She looked over at me and said, "Mom, when I put this ball under me and sit on it, then it is bounciful."
3) While driving in the car, Ethan asked me what the big yellow tractors with the big scoop on the front were called. I could not remember the actual term for that type of tractor so I proceeded to explain how the brand name of some of those big yellow tractors is Caterpillar. Kaiya was sitting there silent and processing all of this as Ethan and I talked back and forth. After she had some time to think about it for a second she said, "So there is a tractor called a caterpillar huh? [long pause] Well then I am gonna go fishing with a shoe then!"
4) I was driving carpool for Kaiya's preschool and had already picked up her friend Laynee. We were on our way to school when Laynee looked over at Porter (who she calls Quarter), and mentioned in a very gross tone, that Quarter was picking his nose. Kaiya looked over at him and started saying "gross" and laughing. Then she continued to tell me, "Mom, Porter is going safariing for boogers".
I am so grateful to have such happy, funny, witty, children. They keep me laughing and that burns calories, so kids, please keep it coming.

1 comment:
I love your kids! They are so much fun!
Post a Comment