Sunday, October 26, 2008

Where's Porter

Being a Mom means wearing many hats and doing more than two or three or four things at one time. The other day was no different. I turned on the TV for Kaiya and Porter and ran into the bathroom to attempt to put on some make-up. After about 5 minutes I realized it was a little too quiet. I went to find what was keeping the kids so quiet and what trouble they were into. I immediately found Kaiya peacefully sitting on the couch watching Dora the Explorer. That left Porter MIA. I called his name and didn't hear anything. I looked in my room, his room, Kiaya's room... nothing. I then went back to the kitchen to call his name again and I heard a very faint noise. I went into the laundry room where the noise got a bit louder. I just assumed that he got into the garage and was locked in there waiting for me to find him. As I went for the door from the house to garage, I realized the noise was not coming from the garage at all, but from the dryer. Porter discovered the dryer and it is his new favorite place in the whole world. He kept closing the door and then when I would say, "where's Porter" he would throw open the door and yell, "Ta Dahhhhh".

I am sure at some point in my childhood I was told that if I hide in the dryer that I would die or get cooked from the heat. or beat to death or something, so after a quick photo opp. I had to take Porter out and tell him that he was not allowed in the dryer anymore (as if I would just throw wet clothes in on Porter and turn it on without looking in there?). Now he just plays in my laundry hamper. If I can just get him to fold the laundry while he is in there, I may just have a great thing going for me.

2 comments:

Tara said...

SOO cute! I wish that I could fit in my dryer, that is probably the only place in my house to find some peace and quiet! ;)
Yes, my post was on gay marriage. I just figured in saying 8 people would know about it, not eveyone knows that it is 102 in Arizona. I've just been on a bunch of blogs lately and everyone is so up in arms about it and talking about homeschooling their kids etc. It just irks me. Like I said, I should just stay politically correct, it makes it easier! ;)

Melanie said...

That is too funny! Porter is adorable!