Tuesday, August 5, 2008

School Starts in 7 days!

I am at that phase in my life when I have my first child entering public school for the first time. Ethan will start Kindergarten on August 11th. We get to go meet his teacher on Thursday and see his classroom. I have been so excited for him to be at school and kept saying how excited I was that it was all day kindergarten, but now that it is only 7 days away, I am getting nervous. I kept hearing everyone say how they cried when their kids start school and I was thinking to myself, "sheesh, not me!" Well, now I am not so sure. I may have a hard time with it. I can't believe that my baby is old enough now to go to school. Pretty soon it will be college. Yikes. Kaiya is going to be in pre-school this year too, 3 days a week for 2 hours a day. What are Porter and I going to do with ourselves for 2 hours a day all alone. :) Hummmm.... can you take a 16 month old to get a pedicure? I am sure they won't mind.

1 comment:

Johnson said...

You'll cry a little and then realize it's going to be okay! In fact, it's not so bad if you can get through the first week! On the other hand, I cannot wait until Monday! Woo hoo! No more whining and fighting over dolls and dress-ups! Then when Laynee starts school, I am looking forward to grocery shopping alone! It's amazing how solo trips to the grocery store become a favorite outing after you have taken 4 small kids with you to ALbertsons every week all summer...