Thursday, August 14, 2008

My New Grill


I sucked my thumb as a child until I was about 6 or 7 years old. My Mom would paint my thumb nail with a very disgusting nail polish made to stop thumb sucking and I would just muscle through it and suck it off. Needless to say, my teeth were all jacked up. I got braces on when I was 9 and didn't get them off until I was 17. My teeth looked good, but after years of not wearing my retainer, my bite became crooked and started causing me headaches. So I decided that 8 years was not enough time in braces and I went and got them on again. I have to wear them for 18 to 21 months. All I gotta say is, after being in braces for 1/3 of my life, I better have the best darn smile in the whole world. Here is the day 1 photo. My teeth are nice and sore and I am hoping that not only do I get nice straight teeth when this is all over, but that I loose 20 lbs. as well because I can't eat anything yummy. I will keep you posted.

2 comments:

Andy and Melanie said...

Awesome! I can't wait to see you in person! :)

Marquita said...

Wow, you had braces for that long? Poor thing. And now again! Good luck with that? Does that mean you can't eat any yummy Applebee's food? lol