Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Girl's Night Out


Okay, so I am very blessed to have my Mom live less then a mile away and my sister across the street. We have a habit of going out to Girls Night Out (or GNO as we call it now) every week. We almost always go to dinner somewhere and then to a movie. We have all the movie going paraphernalia (t-shirt for the free popcorn, and the cup for the $1 refills) to make it the cheapest night we can. Every week EK will ask, "What are you going to do tonight?" and I almost always reply, "Dinner and a Movie".
Well, this has been going on for quite some time and to my surprise, KC, my 3 year old, had been listening and secretly wanting to go to this "GNO", knowing that if she asks, I would tell her no.
I decided that it was time for Mommy and KC to have some girl time and I informed her that on Saturday we would go out, just me and her. Her face light up and she got a HUGE smile on her face and she yelled, "I get to go to Girl's Night Out!"
It was the cutest thing you ever saw. I had no idea that she wanted so badly to go out with me on this mysterious GNO. All she knew was that it was dinner and a movie, so I promised her we would do eating and a movie. It ended up not being Girl's Night Out, but more of a Girl's Day out, but she still wanted to call it Girl's Night Out, so we did. We had such a great day. We went to the mall and she got make-up put on her by the very nice ladies at Origins, and then we went to the food court and had a soft pretzel and lemonade (KC's choice). We then went and saw Kung Fu Panda, which I thought was awesome, but KC got a little scared at the fighting parts. And then to put an end to a fabulous day, we finished it up by going to Krispy Kreme and getting a donut and milk. She had a great day and can't wait to go do another GNO with Mommy again very soon.


4 comments:

Livin La Vida Keto said...

Don't stop doing it! We have done dates with our kids for years and they really look forward to it. If too much time goes by, they will ask when we get to have a date again. One thing I have done since the kids have been in school is I check them out once a year for a lunch date with me where ever they want to go. It is so fun!

Marquita said...

Oh, so fun! Rosy's not really there yet, but I can't wait to have Girl's Night Out with her!

Anonymous said...

How cute!!!!! And I like the nickname KC you use :] wonder where that came from......hahaha
--Love Kaci <3

Johnson said...

So fun! Maybe Laynee and I can double date next time!