Memorial Day? Yea, it is a holiday where you get an extra day off and a long weekend right? Well, now I know the meaning behind that "day off". I did a little research and I done got myself educated today. Memorial Day, formally know as Decoration Day, is a United States Federal holiday, started in 1866, that commemorates U.S men and women who have died while serving for our Country. Many people observe this holiday by visiting cemeteries and memorials, as well as spending time with family and friends and using this long weekend to have picnics and barbecues. We chose the latter and had one fantastic BBQ/Swim Party at our house. We had some killer meats and fish prepared by the (in my humble opinion) best BBQ er this side of the Mississippi (and I don't even know anyone on the other side of the Mississippi). Yea that's right, EK! Grandma and Grandpa brought the stakes and brauts, some yummy fruit, tons of Root Beer, and the most delicious Texas Sheet Cake ever. Jamey and Tara brought the "hooch-free punch" and it was fabulous. We also had tons of munchies (veggies, fruit, chips, salsa, cheese, etc) supplied by John, Estella, Nana and Papaw. As you can see we did not go hungry. We also enjoyed watching the kids swim in our way to cold for my taste pool and then enjoyed the musical talents of those who can play instruments (and a little of those who can't play instruments). I have a very talented family that really knows how to throw a party. Thanks to you all for your contributions and the fun. Let's do it again soon. :)
Monday, May 26, 2008
Happy Memorial Day 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








1 comment:
hey tammy!!
Post a Comment