In May our 6 year old, Ethan and our 4 year old, Kaiya graduated from school. Kaiya graduated from pre-school (although she has another year before she can go to kindergarten) and Ethan graduated from Kindergarten. I understand now what Mr. Incredible was talking about in The Incredibles when he said, "It's psychotic! They keep creating new ways to celebrate mediocrity...". :)
The schools that our kids attend both put on the most adorable graduation programs. Kaiya was so excited to sing all the songs that she had learned and to show us her projects she had completed in school. At Ethan's graduation they announced what every student wanted to be when they grew up. After hearing many fire fighters, doctors, and ballerina's it was Ethan's turn and they announced Ethan Carpenter, a Paleontologist. The whole audience roared with applause and laughter. It is true though, he LOVES rocks.
I am glad that school is out for the summer, but now I have the job of keeping the kids busy long enough to not hear the dreaded summer phrase, "I'm bored". Maybe I can't wait for school to start again.

Monday, June 8, 2009
It's Graduation Time
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment