Sunday, March 1, 2009

Ragnar Relay - Del Sol 2009

So when you are bored and need something to do, the best thing is to just go running. Our team of 12 decided to get together and run from Prescott, AZ to Mesa, AZ just because. We joined 215 other teams and had a blast spending 34 hours running non stop. There was very little sleep, if any, lots of laughs, tons of cheering, and quite a few stops at port-o-potties.

The way this works is like this: We form a team of 12 runners, six of the runners ride in one van and the other six in the other, then we take turns running. Van 1 will start at the start line and then van two will wait at exchange #6 for the last runner in van 1 to come through their last exchange. Then van 2 will start and their six runners will go and then we start over and do it three times. Each runner will run anywhere from 3 to 9 miles per leg and we have 3 legs each. I ran a total of 17.2 miles and EK ran a total of 17.9 overall. It took us 34 hours from start to finish. We are still not sure what our overall place was at the end, but we think we came in around 198th place out of 215 runners. We actually improved from last year by a lot. We came in second to last place last year. Here are a few photos from this year's event. I will post more once I get them from the other runners and stay tuned for our team video. It will be coming out shortly and I will post it on here as well. Oh, and we dressed up as nerds this year, so check out how cute we all are.














3 comments:

Livin La Vida Keto said...

I am glad you have fun running. I would rather have my fingernails pulled out. But I congratulate you on your success!

The Sorensens. said...

You are awesome!!! I need to start up running again, i got burnt out. That would be fun to do a relay someday! My boss got 2nd place in that i think?

Johnson said...

I need thought I would desire to be a FARTLEK...hmmm